John S. Carton, Ph.D.

Board Certified/Licensed Clinical Psychologist

NOTE: I am not accepting new clients at this time nor in the foreseeable future as my practice is closing and relocating. If you are a returning client, please call me to discuss your current needs. 

Initial Evaluation and Insurance:

All my therapies are empirically supported (evidence based) and I begin all new cases with a comprehensive evaluation that leads to an individually-tailored treatment plan. During this initial evaluation and with client permission, I am willing to consult with prior therapists, psychiatrists, school personnel, and others who can provide valuable background or ongoing consultation. In addition, I will thoroughly review any prior psychological testing reports so that insights gained from that testing can be efficiently and accurately applied to the therapy process.  

Currently I am not "in network" for insurance panels. I left the panels several years ago for a variety of reasons. My clients pay for services at the time provided. I then provide all clients with an insurance-ready receipt with diagnostic and CPT codes for them to submit to their carrier. Many of my clients with PPO and POS service plans receive reimbursement for their therapy expenses. I recommend checking with your insurer to learn about "out of network" benefits prior to starting any therapy. 

I am a sole practitioner who believes clients deserve individual attention from a competent psychologist. My clients never receive a call back from a staff member or receptionist. I personally return all messages and assist with billing/insurance needs. Additionally, I only work with a small number of clients at any time, with hours primarily on Fridays and Saturdays. Please give me a call or send me an email if you have questions about insurance, costs, and scheduling. I am happy to spend some time up front to determine if I am a good fit for your needs. 

Note: I am not accepting new clients at this time. My practice is relocating and I recommend that you contact a different provider.